Framed shingle from the Hangar Building
The University of Saskatchewan purchased The Hangar Building from the Department of Public Works, Ottawa, in 1947, to provide much needed space during the post-war enrollment boom. The purchase price was $50,000.
When The Hangar Building was moved and re-erected on campus later that same year, the College of Commerce and the Drama Department moved in. From 1947 until 1966, when the long-waited Commerce-Law Building was opened, 1,150 Commerce graduates attended classes in these "temporary" quarters. The Drama Department remained until 1993, when it moved to the John Mitchell Building. The Hangar Building was demolished in 1994.